I’m honored to accept the Liebster Blog Award from the Official Liebster Governing Board. Life Upfront was nominated by John Chawner- famous for his blog, Horse Bits.
The Liebster Award highlights high quality, small, niche blogs and comes with some baggage. You have to answer 11 questions from your nominator in a blog post. Then, you must create a new set of questions to “pay forward” to your own list of nominees.
And, here we go:
What are your three favorite movies and what about each got them on this list?
- Cool Hand Luke: the amount of the story communicated without words.
- Tommy Boy: I resemble that comment.
- The Exorcist: Its fear stuck to me for several days (I was very young).
Of the visual arts, are you more a fan of painting, photography, or sculpture?
Why? If you have a favorite artist, list their name.
Photography, I like the idea that this moment in time actually existed.
If you had to give up one sense (sight, smell, hearing, taste – let’s keep touch) which would it be and why?
Taste, I’m too fat.
Purple, 42, or the Roman Legion? (Don’t think about it – just answer.)
You win an expense-paid 3-week vacation to an isolated retreat up in the mountains on the shore of a pristine lake. What books do you take and why?
- Justin Cronin’s upcoming sequel to The Passage, because…
I love great post apocalyptic fiction.
- Charles Mann’s 1493, because…
I love great post apocalyptic non-fiction.
- Clayton Christensen’s How Will You Measure Your Life, because…
It’s time I do some re-balancing.
Shampoo and conditioner? Or shampoo and conditioner in one?
(If you use more than 2 hair care products, leave your answer blank.)
All in one.
Why do you blog?
(I reserve the right to start using your answer if it’s better than my own.)
Because teaching is the best way to learn.
What non-human, non-plant living creature would you rid the world of? And why?
Possums. No idea why, but I have an irrational phobia of them. Creepy, ugly, nasty critters look like the zombies of the animal world.
Sunrise or sunset?
Music. How frequently do you listen? To whom? And via what media?
List 3 musicians you’re listening to right now.
Couple hours a week via Pandora. Usually jazz fusion, 70s-80s country, and current pop.
- Chris Cornell
This quiz goes to eleven. Is the internet really making us stupid?
Stupid is an individual decision.
Now for my Liebster Nominations:
- Keeping a close watch on the CAD software industry
- Fuck Yeah Fluid Dynamics
- A blog about my experiments with memory techniques
- Subjectively Speaking
- Brad Sucks
And, the questions I’d like them to answer:
- What are your 3 “must-read” books.
- What electronic gadget is currently most useful for you?
- Flight or invisibility (and why)?
- What was the happiest moment of your life?
- Both feet, your right hand, or one eye: which would you prefer to lose?
- If you were stuck on a ski lift after the slopes closed down, what would you do?
- What country would you most like to visit (and why)?
- If you could eat only 1 breakfast dish forever, what would it be?
- Fast zombies or slow zombies (and why)?
- How many hard boiled eggs do you think you could eat in one sitting?
- What college class do you most benefit from today (and why)?